First Day: Tour to Maras, Moray and Salt.
In time we will pick the hotel and then go to the town of Maras through the route with very colorful landscapes and typical populations, first visit Moray, considered an agricultural research center Inca where out culture experiments were carried different heights, the arrangement of their platforms produces a gradient of microclimates taking the center of the concentric circular terraces higher temperature and gradually decreasing outwards at lower temperatures, thus being able to simulate up to 20 different microclimates. It is believed that Moray could have served as a model for the calculation of agricultural production not only the Urubamba Valley but also from different parts of Tahuantinsuyo. Continuing our journey will visit the famous salt mines of Maras known by some as “salt mines” are constituted by about 3000 small wells, built on the side of the slope of the mountain “Qaqawiñay” during the dry season are filled or “water” every 3 days with salt water that comes from a natural spring located at the top of the wells so that the water evaporates, the salt contained in it will gradually solidify. The pools are owned by locals and in the afternoon you will be transferred to Ollantaytambo station, where they board the train to Aguas Calientes. Already in Aguas Calientes hotel staff will wait for you then transfer to hotel of your choice.
- Pick up from hotel to the Start of Tour (08:00 am).
- Moray and Salt Mines Tour.
- Buffet Lunch Included in Urubamba.
- Travel by train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes (15:37 to 17:02 hrs)
- Overnight at hotel in Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu.
Second Day: Tour to Machu Picchu, the lost city of the Incas.
The next morning we head to the bus station, to ascend 450 m in height, by a zigzag way for 30 minutes to reach the world wonder “Historic Sanctuary of Machu Picchu”, known as “The Lost City the Incas “. When you reach the citadel of Machu Picchu, we pass the control, where our tickets will deliver revenue and begin our guided tour, visiting the Main Plaza, the Circular Tower, the Sacred Solar Clock, the Royal Quarters, the Temple of the Three Windows and cemeteries around for more than two hours. Then you will be given free time to stroll around the citadel, in the afternoon we will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes and head to our hotel to get our bags and get to the train station with anticipation to return to the city of Cusco where we will be waiting at the station Poroy to transfer you to your hotel.
- Breakfast at the hotel.5:30 a.m.. Uploaded by bus to Machu Picchu.
- 6:00 a.m.. View of sunrise at Machu Picchu.
- Walk Huaynapicchu (3 hours, without guide) (optional) – (1G 7:00 to 8:00 a.m.) (2G 10:00 -11: 00am).
- Guided Tour Machu Picchu (about 3 hours).
- Bus back to Aguas Calientes
- In the afternoon train ride to Aguas Calientes Poroy.
- Transfer from the train station to the hotel.
Include / Not included
End of services
Note: Special discounts Applies to domestic tourists and members of the Andean Community of Nations.